VOICE is a discipleship conference for individuals committed to growing in faith, character, and English. Your experience here will be enjoyable, rewarding, and challenging if you take responsibility for your own life and conduct, so please read the following character commitments carefully.
1. Be Focused.
- I will use my time wisely, so that I can whole-heartedly participate in and learn from class time and the experiences provided by the conference. This includes the three following practical ways:
- I will refrain from using any form of technology that would prevent me from interacting with others or from getting adequate rest. This includes but is not limited to personal music, movies, inappropriate literature, television, radio, personal music devices, video games, etc.
- I will give up all internet connection during the conference, and understand that cellular connection will be limited to designated times each day.
- I will not seek or pursue a romantic relationship while attending the VOICE Conference.
2. Be Courteous.
- I will respect the property, privacy, and rights of others, including those not associated with VOICE.
- I will keep myself, my belongings, and my room neat and orderly.
- I will socialize in public areas and refrain from visiting other people’s rooms after curfew.
- I will not drink alcoholic beverages, smoke, or use any type of illegal drugs.
- I will not engage in offensive language, behavior, etc.
3. Be Punctual.
- I will be punctual and attentive in all classes and activities.
- I will honor the time set for curfew and strive to get enough rest each night.
4. Be Appropriate.
- I will maintain a modest appearance.
- Shirts should completely cover your shoulders, back, and stomach and should not be revealing.
- Pants should not be tight-fitting or sagging (note: leggings are not considered pants).
- Skirts and shorts should come past mid-thigh.
- When swimming is permitted, guys should wear board shorts and girls should wear one-piece swimsuits (tankinis are allowed).