VOICE is a discipleship conference for individuals committed to growing in faith, character, and English. With this year’s conference moving online, your full participation and cooperation is even more important for your personal enjoyment and the overall success of the conference, so please read the following character commitments carefully.
1. Be Focused.
As we are all attending from our own homes, we must actively avoid distractions that can prevent us from participating and benefitting from the conference.
- I will prepare my environment, whether it be my surroundings or my computer and internet connection, so that nothing will interfere with my learning or participation.
- I will remove all other devices and log out of all other social media or websites that can distract me from class time.
- I will not eat or do any other activities during class time unless given permission by a staff person.
- I will have an actual paper Bible on hand for all class times.
2. Be Courteous.
It is much more difficult to make new friendships in a virtual setting. These are a few practical ways we ask you to cooperate to show courtesy to your teachers and to your other classmates.
- I will turn my microphone and camera on and participate for the entire class time, unless otherwise instructed to do so by a staff member.
- I will take the time to make myself presentable, getting fully dressed (both top and bottom) and not wearing my pajamas.
- I will not engage in offensive language, behavior, etc.
3. Be Punctual.
- I will be punctual and attentive in all classes and activities, making sure I have enough time to set up my device.
- I will arrange my schedule to get enough sleep each night so that I am well rested each day.
Note: if a special need arises in which you will either be late or absent to any class time, you must first obtain approval from your Team Leader.